Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Wild Blue Yonder

We're down to the final hours before leaving for Beijing. A very big thank you to those who have emailed or posted with well wishes (and words of condolences about my ziploc bag addiction).

I had my last day of work before maternity leave and am now on Blackberry cold turkey. It's as bad as any addiction; don't let anyone tell you differently.

Better Half Dave appears to be quickly losing his mind. As Big Boss Brian said, Dave looks "squirrely" and "rabbity" (think, furtive darting eyes and fearful of sudden movements). As I have been keyed up about Darcy since, say, June, and Dave - as the more level-headed of the two of us - took it in stride and focused on the day-to-day tasks at hand, seeing this change in him from "together"-Dave to "I get out of bed at midnight to back up our computers' hard drives because I'm anxious"-Dave, well, it's pretty damn funny.

Again, for fear of sounding like the old men on the 1980s Bartles and James' commercial, we thank you for your support. We'll try and write and/or post pictures as much as possible.

-- Laurelle

No comments: